A quick and easy worsted weight cardigan. It has a simple XOX cable pattern down both fronts and the back. This cardigan is worked seamlessly from the top-down with raglan style sleeves. Sleeves are worked in the round while the body is worked flat.
2 (4, 6) Years
Chest: 22 (24, 26) inches / 55.9 (61, 66) cm
Length (from underarm to bottom): 6 (7, 8) inches / 15.2 (17.8, 20.3) cm
Sleeve (from underarm to wrist): 8 (9, 10) inches / 20.3 (22.9, 25.4) cm
Yarn: Worsted Weight
Shown in Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids in Popsicle Blue. Feel free to substitute any worsted weight wool or acrylic yarn as long as gauge is met, if not adjust needle size accordingly
You will need approximately 400 (550, 700) yards / 370 (500, 640) meters.
Recommended needles (check gauge and change size if needed):
· US #6 (4.00mm) circular needle 28-40” long and DPN’s or use magic loop
· US #8 (5.00mm) circular needle 28-40” long and DPN’s or use magic loop
· 8 Stitch markers (4 for raglan shaping in one color and 4 for cable markers in a different color)
· 6 – 0.5 or 0.75 in (1.3 – 1.9 cm) buttons
· Scrap yarn for holding sleeve stitches
· Blunt-ended needle or crochet hook for weaving in ends
18 stitches and 26 rows = 4 inches/10cm in stockinet stitch on larger needles.
All patterns are written with both Metric and Imperial measurements. This pattern has been tested.
Visit my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/spiritofthewestdesigns. “Like” for special deals and promotions.
*** This listing is for the PATTERN ONLY***
The Spirit of the West Designs